The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act and American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act has provided significant funding to healthcare organizations through the Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA). There have been multiple distributions and payments with individual terms and conditions as well as reporting requirements. The HRSA webpage can be found here.
Under the Provider Relief Fund, healthcare providers who received payments of $10,000 or more must report on how they utilized the funds and other organization-specific information based on the reporting deadlines below:
- Period 1 – Reporting window July 1, 2021 to September 30,2020 for payments received during the period April 10, 2020 to June 30, 2020 with the reporting period being January 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021.
- Period 2 – Reporting window January 1, 2022 to March 31, 2022 for payments received during the period July 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020 with the reporting period being January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2021.
- Period 3 – Reporting window July 1, 2022 to September 30,2022 for payments received during the period January 1, 2021 to June 30, 2021 with the reporting period being January 1, 2020 to June 30, 2022.
- Period 4 – Reporting window January 1, 2023 to March 31, 2023 for payments received during the period July 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021 with the reporting period being January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2022.
The reporting requirements can be found here and the reporting portal here.
Other reporting requirements apply to recipients of funds from the Rural Health Clinic COVID-19 Testing and Mitigation (RHCCTM) Program. The Rural Health Clinic COVID-19 Reporting Portal is available here.
If you have specific questions related to the funds you received or other resources we can provide to assist your organization, please contact a member of our team or send an email to Coronavirus@draffin-tucker.com. We are here to help.
You can download our COVID-19 Impact Assessment information here.
Areas of Assistance include:
- Assess the funding received and identify the relevant program requirements
- Evaluate potential other funding sources
- Create a customized COVID-19 impact report
- Provide guidance with reporting requirements and attestations
- Assist with consideration of funding terms and conditions and relevant policies and procedures
- Train and educate staff, leadership team, and board of directors
- Present data gathering and calculation considerations