Draffin & Tucker’s Matt Atkins, CPA, CIA, authored the article, “Auditing the Hospital 340B Drug Program,” for the May 2017 Compliance Today.
In his article, Matt states, “There are more than 3,500 hospitals currently participating in the 340B Drug Pricing Program. Along with the financial benefits of the program, there are numerous compliance risks. For this reason, hospital compliance officers and internal auditors should implement work plans to assess compliance with the program. The following article discusses both the risks and the self-audit process using conversations between a 340B consultant and a hospital internal auditor.”
Some tips from the article include:
- Begin with the end in mind.
- If you haven’t already, attend a 340B University session or use their on-demand modules.
- Review your organization’s OPA Database Registration.
- Review your organization’s 340B policies and procedures.
- Conduct frequent self-audits and consider an annual independent review of your 340B operations.
The full article is available to read here: “Auditing the Hospital 340B Drug Program.”
For questions about hospitals’ 340B drug programs, please contact Matt Atkins at firstname.lastname@example.org or (229) 883-7878.