The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services recently posted the preliminary unaudited FFY 2017 wage index public use file on their website. The file contains Worksheet S-3, Parts II and III wage data and occupational mix survey data. All hospitals are required to verify the accuracy of their wage data.
A hospital that wishes to correct or revise its data must deliver its request along with complete, appropriate, and detailed documentation to their Medicare Administrative Contractor’s (MAC) office no later than September 2, 2015. Requests received after this date will not be accepted by the MAC. This will be the last opportunity for providers to initiate revisions to their data for the FFY 2017 wage index.
In addition, an October 15, 2015 tentative deadline has been established for all hospitals to request revisions to defined benefit pension plans. All supporting documentation is required for consideration.
The current preliminary timetable published by CMS:
- September 2 2015 – Deadline to request revisions to the wage data.
- October 15, 2015 – Tentative deadline to request revisions for defined benefit pension plans.
- November 13, 2015 – MAC desk review deadline.
- January 29, 2016 – Posting of the revised PUF.
- February 16, 2016 – Deadline to request corrections to PUF.
- April 5, 2016 – Deadline to appeal corrections not addressed.
- April 21, 2016 – Release of final FFY 2017 wage index and occupational mix PUF.
- May 23, 2016 – Deadline to request CMS intervention on an Appeal.
- August 1, 2016 – Publication of final rule.
- October 1, 2017 – Effective date of FY 2017 wage index.
If you would like assistance in reviewing your facility’s wage index data contained in the public use file, please contact our Albany office at (229) 883-7878 or our Atlanta office at (404) 220-8494.