Draffin & Tucker partners Steve Bedsole and Cindy DuPree traveled to Louisiana to present at the Bureau of Primary Care and Rural Health’s Workshop for Boards of Trustees of Critical Access Hospitals. The three-hour presentation, entitled “Critical Access Hospital University – What Every CAH Trustee Should Understand,” included discussion of the answers to the following questions:
- What makes a CAH different from other hospitals?
- How do we balance our not-for-profit mission with the need to be profitable?
- How does a CAH get reimbursed?
- How do the Medicare and Medicaid Programs limit our profitability?
- What can we do to be successful?
- What are the challenges of operating a CAH in the South?
- How can the Board support Management?
- What does the future hold?
Practical information, real-life case examples, and best practices for critical access hospital board members were presented to workshop participants.
For more information on Critical Access Hospitals or training for board members, please contact Steve Bedsole or Cindy DuPree at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or (404) 220-8494.