Responsible for managing and performing tasks related to reimbursement issues for healthcare clients. Must have a working knowledge of the healthcare industry that includes familiarity with Medicare and Medicaid cost reporting, reopenings/appeals, healthcare surveys, financial reporting and provider enrollment issues.
- Prepare and file Medicare Cost Reports ensuring strict compliance with all Medicare regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines
- Serve as an expert resource in the areas of Medicare and Medicaid regulatory/settlement matters for the firm
- Lead firm-wide service line development related to reimbursement issues
- Prepare reimbursement work papers and analyze client information
- Work as an effective team member to complete project assignments and engagement tasks.
- Identify clients’ needs and opportunities
- Perform a detailed review of the team’s work to ensure quality and thoroughness.
- Assist in training and mentoring junior staff
- Participate in recruitment of new & experienced staff
- College degree (Accounting or Healthcare Administration preferred)
- 2 to 7 years of healthcare reimbursement experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid regulations and principles
- Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Be able to coach, motivate and direct staff
- Team player with a positive “can do” approach