Draffin & Tucker partner Bubba Joiner spoke to a CFO panel on Medicare and crossover bad debt reimbursement at the Georgia Association of Primary Health Centers conference on Sept. 17, 2015. During his presentation, Bubba touched on several important items for healthcare organizations to keep in mind when it comes to reimbursement, including:
- The CMS Joint Signature Memorandum “Longstanding Policy”
- Medicare Indigent/Charity Requirements
- Medicare/Medicaid Crossover Reimbursement and Requirements
- Upcoming Changes in Reimbursement
- Recent MAC Auditor Adjustments
He also discussed possible solutions for healthcare organizations when it comes to reimbursement, including reporting allowable Medicare bad debts as soon as possible, capturing all indigent bad debts with appropriate documentation, capturing all Medicare/Medicaid crossover bad debts and making sure all bad debts are provided in the Medicare requested bad debt format.
For more information on Medicare and crossover bad debts reporting and reimbursement, please contact Bubba Joiner at email@example.com or (229) 883-7878.