The newly released 340B Office of Pharmacy Affairs Information System (340B OPAIS) is now available. With the release of this new system all covered entities should download the 340B OPAIS Public User Guide and review the webinar on OPAIS (links below). The goal of this new system is to increase the security, user accessibility, and accuracy of the database.
Here is a summary of changes that will occur with the new OPAIS database:
- Enhanced security including a two-step authentication process for login with a username and password
- For login, the user’s email address must be associated with a 340B ID and every authorized user will have his or her own user account
- The authorized official (AO) and primary contact (PC) of a 340B ID must be different individuals
- The AO of each child site 340B ID must be the same AO as the parent 340B ID
- Only the AO can submit an OPA registration which includes addition of sites and contract pharmacies
- It is the responsibility of the AO to ensure that PCs are eligible to access data
- The AO will review, approve, and submit information on behalf of their organization
- Only the AO and PC are authorized to login to OPAIS to view registration, recertification, change and termination requests
OPAIS Public User Guide: https://www.hrsa.gov/opa/files/publicuserguide.pdf
OPAIS Webinar (pre-recorded): https://hrsaseminar.adobeconnect.com/p4j66ec2ze6u/?launcher=false&fcsContent=true&pbMode=normal
If you need assistance reviewing your 340B Program, please contact our 340B Experts.